Nationwide Italian chain Ask Italian Ubiquitous restaurant chain Ask Italian has reinvented its menus and interiors. With the help of top chef Theo Randall and wine expert Adrian Garforth, the restaurant now boasts a high quality and competitive offering.
I’m proud to be helping inspire the team at ASK Italian to develop an authentic Italian menu’
- Theo Randall
The Spring Street branch in Paddington showcases what they have achieved and what will eventually be rolled out across the country. A recent press event revealed that menus had been simplified to focus on high quality ingredients while the wine list reflected London’s increasingly sophisticated wine pallet.
Santa will be making an appearance at Sheldon Square next week to switch on the Christmas lights.
At 5.30pm on 1st December, the local Christmas lights will be switched on by the man in the red coat. DJ Danny and the Edward Wilson School choir will provide the entertainment while traditional festive treats of hot chocolate, mince pies and mulled wine on offer to all.
London is extremely well served by the tube, buses, taxis, and trains. But why not explore the city on foot? Take the scenic route to find hidden treasures and cut down on transport costs.
Here are five attractions within walking distance of the Castleton Hotel, Paddington to get you started:
1) Hyde Park – Whether it’s concerts in the summer, Winter Wonderland in December, or the sheer natural beauty of the area inbetween, Hyde Park is worth visiting for its historical status as well as a place to escape from city life.
2) Oxford Street – London’s most famous shopping street is still going as strong as ever, and at 1km in length, is a buyer’s paradise. Shop til you drop at stores to suit all budgets.
3) Marylebone High Street – For village life, head north to Marylebone. Boutiques, patisseries, and markets line the street much of which is pedestrianised. A great place to kick back and people-watch
4) Madame Tussauds – The next best thing to being snapped with a celebrity! If you’re here with the kids, why not pick up a Merlin Annual pass, which includes entry to the London Eye and London Aquarium among other sites.
5) Wallace Collection & Sherlock Holmes Museum – The Wallace Collection (entry:free) is perhaps the grandest collection of private art in London, whilst the Sherlock Holmes museum at 221b Baker Street houses famous mementos from the fictional detective.
A brief walk from Paddington Station, at the end of Sussex Place, is a true gem of a London pub.
Owned by Fullers, the Victoria is steeped in history, adorned with old typewriters and antiquated photos, and brimming with atmosphere. Music fans, roller skaters, business people, and families can be found here at any one time enjoying the eclectic food and drinks menu. With two function rooms it can even be hired out for business events and weddings.
But don’t take our word for it, here are a few online reviews of the Victoria:
Nice, small, very british. I came from Germany and it was the best place to be in London.
Lovable and good eating. My favorite place in London. Very nice service and lots of charm.
Well done! – Zauberfrosch, Qype
Went in with my folks and girlfriend for sunday lunch last week. Excellent pie and good beer. Decor in the downstairs bar is top notch, while the dining room upstairs is very cosy. A little bit pricey, but I’ll be going back whenever I’m in the area. Recommended! – TommyRogers 1979, BeerintheEvening
Friendly staff with good food served Quite a nice bar with friendly and helpful staff. Had a sausage and mash which was good, better than the ones I’ve had so far around london. Served hot with rich onion gravy and cabbage. The Fuller beer i had was also quite a good one. Highly recommended to anyone who wants to enjoy good english food with a good pint in a lovely ambience. – Mafutu, Google